These are awesome! they are simple to make, and are a whole meal packed into a convenient edible cup. I have 2 of these for a quick breakfast and sprinkle some extra cheese on top and reheat for a minute and a half in the microwave. As you can see below my Muffin Tray was not deep enough, I found a great one on Amazon which should be sufficient
257 calories, 20g fat, 1g carbs, 17g protein per cup
- 2 oz, Cheddar Cheese
- 9 Eggs
- 16oz Breakfast Sausage / beef / chicken
- Bell Peppers Dice (optional)
- Cooked rasher bacon (optional)
- Green onion (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Grease up a Muffin Tray be sure to get a deep enough Muffin Tray and not a mini one like mine or the eggs will spill over.
- Place your meat of choice (beef, sausage, chicken) inside and cover the entire bottom and the sides and try to make little cups. Try to use as little meat as you can in each cup to create a little cup made of meat.
- at this point you can pre cook your bacon and put it inside the cup, or what i did was cook it separate and place it on top because I had very little room just for the egg.
- You can also add any bell peppers, green onion or other vegetables you want at this point to the meat. Some veggies may require pre cooking.
- Place a pinch of cheddar cheese in each cup
- Crack an egg in each “meat cup” and try to contain the egg, add some more cheese if you like.
- Bake in the oven for 25 mins at 400F
- Add your bacon on top if you didn’t before and sprinkle some basil on top.
- that’s it! enjoy!
Mine came out pretty good and held their shape well, I used beef mince. Sorry i forgot to take a picture when I cut it open, it looked pretty good, I will try and remember to take a pic next time.